Nail of the Week: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Thinking of Blue and Hidden Treasure

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hello lovelies!! I know, I know don't kill me its been so long since I've been on here but I just started a new job and I moved out of my apartment back to moms and things have been super hectic. I'm so busy all the time all I do is sleep, shower, work and find time to eat in between. But I felt the urge to write and decided that I'm going to start a weekly series entitled "Nail of the Week" where I showcase a different nail polish and write a review on it. So anyone who knows me knows I'm a makeup fanatic, but surprisingly I haven't made a trip to the MAC store since the Wonder Woman release. The most recent collections they released, Jeanius, Sheen Supreme Lipstick and the Cremeblend blushes did absolutely nothing for me, but ladies we know when we take a hiatus from one thing, we discover another bad habit (bbm embarrassed face). Nail polish. Thanks to the wonderful beauty bloggers that I follow, I have discovered several fabulous new websites that sell popular nail polish brands like OPI, China Glaze and Essie for less than store retail value.



Well except for Essie I have yet to find a website or store that sells Essie at a discount. So I've been toying around with nail polish lately and discovered some really wonderful colors and I just have to showcase them. So with that being said let's get to the very first Nail of the Week post!

This week I'm wearing Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure polish in Thinking of Blue. First and foremost, the salon manicure formula is supposed to be an all in one manicure. The bottle of polish serves as a base coat, color, and top coat all in one bottle. But I'm not buying that. I faithfully use a basecoat and topcoat in addition to my color and I discovered it is truly the secret to combating chipped nail polish (beauty fail). Sally Hansen has been out for a minute but I've only owned about two of their polishes and they're old as dirt so I really don't pay them any mind anymore. I must say I think I've fallen back in love with Sally Hansen. The bottle is a nice size 0.5 oz with a totally ergonomic friendly cap when applying polish. The formula of this baby is like butter! Smooth flawless application, probably the best application in nail polish I've seen in a long time, OPI has a little competition! Another pro is the wide brush which minimizes visible brush strokes on the nail when you apply the polish, although at times it was a bother since my nail beds are rather small so a lot of the polish ended up on my fingers. Now for the color Thinking of Blue, here's the pic:





I mean...what can I say... the color is simply gorgeous. The perfect shade of blue, not quite royal but not dark enough to be considered navy. It has slight purple undertones but not enough to where you can call it a blurple ( blue and purple teehee). I would classify it as a dark indigo cobalt blue. I definitely do not have anything similar in my collection, it is so beautiful and unique. My crappy camera phone does not do this color any justice. It is truly a must have for any nail polish collector looking for a fabulous blue.Ah, I just can't say enough about this color. I used it with one coat of Orly Bonder Rubberized basecoat and 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat.

I also decided to put a twist on my manicure and add Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. I apparently found out about this late so sadly its discontinued, but again, thanks to the wonderful bloggers that I follow ( you ladies are really gonna have me going broke) I found out about it and scored it on Ebay. Hidden Treasure is flakies suspended in a clear base that reflect pink, orange and green depending on the light. It is fabulous for layering over polishes when you want a bit of kick. It shows up best on darker colors as the flakies pop more. I attempted to take a picture without flash so you can see what I'm referring to. Again I apologize for the mediocre quality of the pictures, I have yet to purchase the beloved Nikon D3100 :-(  Please refer to Steph's Closet, one of the bloggers I follow who has amazing swatches on Hidden Treasure.





Well I certainly hope this post was interesting, this is just the beginning of Nail of the Week, I have some amazing colors to show soon. Stay tuned and check out the Sally Hansen  Complete Salon manicure polishes at any drug store.

Kisses,
Von

0 comments:

Post a Comment