MAC Wonder Woman Review and Swatches

Saturday, February 12, 2011

So I went to the MAC counter yesterday to get some things from Mac's newly released Wonder Woman Collection. I was so excited for this collection because I loved Wonder Woman growing up, she is the ultimate superhero diva! This collaboration between MAC and DC comics was first announced summer of 2010 and I just knew the collection was going to be very interesting. I was then able to see the preliminary photos on Temptalia (ladies if you don't know about Temptalia, she is the ultimate beauty blogger) and the packaging is what sold me. It is soooooo cute! Check out full collection photos here courtesy of  Temptalia .


So I went to Nordstrom so I could get an actual look of the products and swatch them. Truthfully, most of the items I felt like I already had duplicates of so I only ended up purchasing three items (thank God for my wallet!). Another thing to point out is that all the items with the exception of the lipstick and eyeshadow quads, were jumbo sized. I didn't have any interest in eyeliners or eye shadows so I skipped them. And here are the photos!






My favorite item in the collection is the Heroine lipstick. This color is so bad ass I love it! I definitely don't own anything similar to it. Its a frost formula lipstick with a metallic finish. Typically I hate frost formula lipsticks because the finish looks horrendous in my opinion but because the finish is a liquid looking metallic it totally changes the whole texture of the lipstick. I cannot wait to wear it. I'm thinking a soft bronze eye with some winged out eyeliner, a neutral blush and this lipstick for an awesome bronze goddess look, yessssssss! One thing I'm not feeling is that the lipstick is the same size as a regular MAC lipstick but because its limited edition, MAC is charging $15.50.







I also picked up the lipglass in Secret Identity. It's an orange bronze color with shimmer and it looks great over Heroine lipstick. I didn't even give this color a second thought until I went to Nordstrom and my favorite girl at the MAC counter (I can't remember her name but she's such a sweetheart) was ranting and raving about how pretty it was. One thing about MAC swatches is that when you see them online, they don't do the actual product any justice. You actually have to go and try it out to see if it works for you or not. I ended up trying it on, and I liked it. The lipglass is $20.00 but honestly I'm not really debating the price because it is way bigger than a normal size MAC lipglass that retails for $14.50. You get more than half product than what you get in a standard size and honestly, I've seen other high end brand lip glosses that retail for $20 + that are less than half the size of this. One dislike about the jumbo size is that the applicator is ridiculously clumsy. Its hard to get the applicator out of the tube and when you do you have to be careful not to drip lipgloss all over the place. Maybe it will loosen up over time but it doesn't change the way I feel about the product.











Lastly I picked up the Golden Lariat mineralize skinfinish. I love MAC mineralize skinfinishes, you can seriously do your whole face with one of them and go on about your business. Golden Lariat is tri-colored, it has a golden shimmery color, a reddened brown in the middle, and a peachy orange color with a beautiful sheen. The brown shade really disappointed me, you really need to build up the color to get some sort of color payoff. At first I thought it was because of my skin tone but then I tried to swatch it on my fingertips and I could still barely notice anything. Again, the product is jumbo size compared to regular size MAC mineralize skinfinishes which retail for $28.00, the Wonder Woman mineralize skinfinish is $35 bucks but honestly, I don't see one person going through the whole thing for a very long time. I think it could very well last you a lifetime which is how I'm going to legitimize the $35.00 price tag :-D . I'm looking forward to using this product, you can use as eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, a highlight or even mix in with clear gloss to create your own lip color. I am in love with the peach color, I think if you mix it with the brown you can have a great every day neutral blush.











Overall I like the items I purchased. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to go back and purchase Athena's Kiss lipglass and Spitfire lipstick since I finally got the courage to wear certain bright colors, but I'm sure I can find cheaper dupes. All products can be purchased at MAC's website . I'm going to update this post with more pics soon unfortunately I'm using my camera phone for all the pics since I cant find the charger for my digital camera. But I'm actually thinking about purchasing the Nikon D3100


I MUST HAVE this camera! Until next time!

Kisses!
Von

0 comments:

Post a Comment