These are a few of my favorite things!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello all! This is going to be the beginning of my Favorite Things Series, which I will be doing monthly (or will attempt to do monthly). They will consist of things that I own or recently purchased that I love!

1. Aldo Forwood Wedges


These babies are super f*ckin dope!! Enough said. I absolutely love these and they are my new favorite shoes, and I own a lot of shoes. I'm really feeling wedges, give you the sexiness of a tall heel with the comfort of a wedge bottom. I've had them for about a month, wore them to work on a dress down day and received so many compliments. These would go great with a color blocking look, red skirt, a mustard colored blouse and simple accessories...yesssssss! They look so much better on the foot. Gonna get a pic for you guys and post shortly.





2. Yes To Carrots Gentle Exfoliating Conditioner

For the past 10 years or so I've been super loyal to Neutrogena for their skincare products. I have always used their Foaming Deep Cleanser, the alcohol free astringent, and their moisturizer. I've since switched to Ambi's moisturizer which I've been using for a year and was searching for a new facial cleanser and stumbled across this in Walgreens. yes to carrots also has a line of hair care products, which I so desperately wanted to try out but made myself walk away from the hair products. Anyway I tried the cleanser and I love, keeps my skin super soft and has great organic ingredients. This plus the Ambi moisturizer equals baby soft skin. Also noticing far less breakouts.


3. Nars Single Eyeshadow in Mekong

Want a smoky eye but dont want to go dramatic with black? This is your go to eye shadow. The NARS website describes Mekong as an "Espresso infused with gold" which is a very dead on description. It's a very deep neutral brown eyeshadow with excellent pigmentation and tiny gold flecks. I'm not too big on buying single eyeshadows from Nars because they are super expensive, but I couldn't not purchase this one. This shade is multipurpose and is a color that can take you from day to night. I love it when i wear it to work, just a touch of Mekong in the crease with a lighter neutral color on the lid and your good to go.

4. Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips


Have you heard of Minx nails, the latest craze in nail art? If you've always wanted to try them but don't want the price tag that goes with them these are a great alternative. When I do my mani, I get so bored having all ten nails one color. So every once in a while I'll paint my ring fingers a different color or apply Sally Hansen Salon strips. I have tried the leopard print which I LOVE! I also have the checkered design that I have yet to use and I also want to try the lace print. These come in a variety of solid colors and prints and can be found at any drugstore. Sixteen come in a pack and they retail for about $9.99.


5. Milani Baked Powder Blushes


Who the heck needs MAC or Bobbi Brown when you can get drugstore finds this great??
 The Milani Baked blushes are the most highest quality drugstore products I think I have ever tried, with the exception of Covergirl Lash Blast. Gorgeous colors, super pigmented and only 8 bucks. Don't get me wrong I love my high end makeup brands, but for the more frugal makeup wearers, you can't go wrong with these. I have 2 colors in Rose D'Oro and Red Vino, both women of color friendly shades that are absolutely beautiful. If you don't listen to anything else I say, please try these. they are an absolute must have! Minus the itchy brush.

That's it for my favorite things for the month of October. More to come! Next post is my very first tutorial. I know I promised it a long time ago but I have yet to purchase another camera and I don't want to cheat you all using cheap camera phone pics. Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment